Intern Leveraged Finance Portfolio Management
- Den Haag
- Corporate Finance, Banking, Financieel Management
Why would you want to work for NIBC’s Leveraged Finance (Benelux) team?
Over the past 10 years, NIBC has built a unique position in European Leveraged Finance. We focus entirely on financing acquisitions by private equity funds of midcap companies in North-West Europe. This means interacting daily with professional investors, advisors and companies with an enterprise value in the range of EUR 50 to 500 million. This particular scope generates a dynamic environment full of in-depth contact with private equity representatives and target management teams. Challenges are amply provided by joint idea generation with clients, financial and strategic analyses and the development of complex debt solutions while meeting tight deadlines. As NIBC Leveraged Finance consists of three teams, located in The Hague (the Benelux team), London and Frankfurt this brings about an international flavour to our work.
What will you do?
As an Intern in the Leveraged Finance Portfolio Management team (Benelux) you will have ample scope and freedom to help meet client’s requests and improve our offering. You will support the team to manage the relationship with Benelux mid-market companies that are owned by our private equity clients. In more detail this includes:
- Assess and monitor the performance of these clients as the business plan backing the buy-out by private equity usually entails strategic and operational change to boost growth.
- Support the team in meeting regulatory requirements and especially the client on-boarding process and client due diligence reviews.
- Actively contribute to the preparation of credit proposals, waivers or amendments. All is done in close cooperation with our sector specialists.
What will you need?
- A relevant Master’s degree. We hire top talents from diverse university backgrounds ranging from economics and business administration, to law or technology. Activities showcasing personal drive and development are appreciated
- Good commercial sense and flexible team player
- Strong analytical and numerical skills. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (Dutch and English) and the drive to be self-starting and to work independently.
What you will get?
The benefits of a smaller dynamic firm: You will have a direct impact on both the bank and its clients. Being an intern at NIBC will give you substantial responsibilities, direct exposure to senior management and provide a unique opportunity in which you can best showcase your talents.
Furthermore we nurture our entrepreneurial and inventive culture by providing modern flexible devises and working spaces. You can therefore work where and when you want which improves your performance and work-life balance.
Our purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our solutions often determines our ability to do this. And inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. We are therefore looking for people with different profiles and who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture. To increase our professionalism we also focus on giving each other continuous feedback. A high performance culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. See also: https://www.nibc.com/about-us/our-purpose-and-corporate-values/
Further information / application
Applications can only be submitted through our website. Please click on the apply button and fill in the application form and upload your cv, motivation letter and academic transcripts (Bachelor and Master’s). To upload multiple documents, please click the upload button again after uploading a document. An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
For more information about the procedure you may contact the HRInfodesk at email@example.com. For more information about the position please contact Siemen van Wetten (Head of Leveraged Finance Benelux) via Siemen.van.Wetten@nibc.com.